Healthy skin is noticeable almost immediately. Seeing someone with glowing, youthful skin makes you wonder what their regimen is to maintain their appearance, right? Well, here are a few tips so you can achieve that beautiful glow yourself.
- Wash hands before touching your face. Transferring dirt, germs and oils from hands to face is one of the most common causes of clogged pores.
- Remove Makeup. Never rub your skin as that can cause damage to the skin’s elasticity, creating fine lines and wrinkles. You should gently wipe off makeup. Using a plant-based Cleanser has helped balance my sensitive, combination oily skin.
- Wash makeup brushes weekly. This prevents the spread of bacteria, and the transfer of dirt and oils. I use a bit of my facial Cleanser to make it easier.
- Change your pillowcase every week. Your hair oils transfer from the pillowcase to your skin leading to more breakouts and clogged pores, especially when lying on your side with your face directly on the pillow.
- Avoid sugar. It’s one thing to have a sweet treat once in a while. But avoiding sugar plays a factor in our overall health. Sugar damages our body’s collagen production, causing plenty of other ailments, conditions and diagnoses.
- Stop smoking. Not only does smoking cause cancer but it ages the skin.
These are just the basics. As weather and seasons change, so do our skin’s needs. I’ll be sharing how to transition your skincare routine from summer to fall.
What are some of your skincare tips for healthy looking skin? Do you have any concerns about your skin that these simple tips may help with? Share in the comments!
Until next time,